The Marx Brothers – Educational Lesson - SL
Most people do not associate East Harlem with the Marx Brothers. However, the Marx Brothers and their family lived in East Harlem from 1890 to 1895 and eventually became the top comedy act in vaudeville and Hollywood in the 20s and 30s. Students will find inspiration with this reading comprehension lesson about the Marx Brtohers and can test their critical thinking skills with the questions that follow.
Three fun facts about Louis Armstrong:
- The most famous Marx Brother, Groucho, was born in East Harlem on October 2, 1890.
- The brothers’ nicknames were created for them during a poker game in Galesburg, Illinois.
- The Marx Brothers are the only collective entry on the American Film Institute’s list of 100 of the most significant screen legends.
Harlem Roots Supplemental Lesson
People learn in many different ways. One of the best ways to ensure that every lesson is forever remembered is by purchasing the supplemental lesson for each lesson. All of the supplemental lessons will contain three different activities to help build an understanding of the topic, and help reinforce what they have learned.
- With your supplemental lesson, you can expect to receive a vocabulary list which will feature ten words and their definitions as they are related to the text for the student to do.
- For easy learning you will also enjoy ten fun facts that pertain to the lesson.
- In addition to these tools, every supplemental lesson you also contain one word search puzzle.
Enjoy the videos on The Marx Brothers below
Pay a visitor to the Marx Brothers Website