Tito Puente – Educational Lesson - SL
Many people already know that Tito Puente was a famous drummer and the King of Latin music. However, there is much more to Tito Puente than just being a great drummer! Without his talent, the world may have never known about Latin music, as he was the one to introduce it to the world. In addition, his great talent for this music helped to put East Harlem on the map. Therefore, students will be fascinated to read all about these facts in this reading comprehension lesson about Tito Puente. It includes questions about Tito Puente’s contributions to Latin music and his connection to Harlem.
Three fun facts about Tito Puente:
- He appeared as himself in The Simpsons’ episode "Who Shot Mr. Burns?"
- Spanish Harlem named a post office and a street after Tito Puente.
- He recorded over seventy musical albums during his lifetime.
Harlem Supplemental Lessons People learn in many different ways. One of the best ways to ensure that every lesson is forever remembered is by purchasing the supplemental lesson for each lesson. All of the supplemental lessons will contain three different activities to help build an understanding of the topic, and help reinforce what they have learned.
- With your supplemental lesson, you can expect to receive a vocabulary list which will feature ten words and their definitions as they are related to the text.
- For easy learning you will also enjoy ten fun facts that pertain to the lesson.
- In addition to these tools, every supplemental lesson you also contain one word search puzzle.
Enjoy the videos on Tito Puente below